Popular Posts

Friday, February 24, 2012

Thai Chicken Drummettes

Hi, it's Hazel, the youngest sister.
I have just started experimenting with our crockpot, so my first recipe uses one. I was always a little wary of crockpot cooking- seemed complicated and time consuming- but it is exactly the opposite!
So this recipe is based on one from the Pillsbury Best Slow Cooker Recipes Book, it turned out pretty good but if I did it again I would cut the soy sauce in half, at least. I did cut the whole recipe in half because our crockpot is small-ish and I am in a phase where I don't want tons of leftovers, especially when doing something I've never done before.

Thai Chicken Drummettes
2 lb chicken wing drummettes (you can buy a frozen bag at Walmart)
1/4 C soy sauce
1/4 C honey
1/4 C butter (I used half butter, half coconut oil)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon red curry paste
1 teaspoon chipolte chili pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon cilantro
2 2oz packages Planters cashews with the salt rinsed off (or just buy unsalted...)

The FUN part of this recipe for me was broiling the chicken until it's light brown. I put the chicken on a pan in the bottom of my oven, set it to broil, and set the timer...

Weeelllll, that's not how you use the broiler on my new stove (just moved here). My chicken was still frozen. So I looked around the oven, found where the big flames where, and relocated my chicken. Now things started getting crispy.

While my chicken was cooking I mixed everything up in a little bowl, I chose to put my cashews in to cook with the chicken because I like cooked nuts.
Sauce!

Then I just put everything in the crock pot on low for 4 hours! Easy once you figure out how to use your appliances.
Time for a drink!
Yummmmm

I made some roasted cauliflower (inspired by Renee) to go with the chicken.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love how you added photos too. :) I am not as tech savy as you. But I will attest to fact that that crockpot chicken sure smelled divine the whole time we were there visiting! MMMMMMM, make me that drink next time you come over, it looks good!
    :)

    ReplyDelete